Lawley (George Lawley & Son)

1866 - 1945

George S. Lawley Sr. opened his first yachtbuilding yard in Scituate, Mass. In 1874, he moved to City Point, in South Boston, to a site next door to the Boston Yacht Club, but by 1910 he needed more space, so he moved again, to the former Putnam Nail Works, in Neponset. George Lawley & Son flourished under the guidance of three generations to become one of the premier yacht yards in America until 1945.

Sailboats Built By Lawley (George Lawley & Son)

(Dates indicate when boat was first built by any builder)

Model LOA First Built
110 24.00 ft / 7.32 m 1939
DARK HARBOR 17 1/2 25.83 ft / 7.87 m 1908
DARK HARBOR 20 30.00 ft / 9.14 m 1934
EASTERN YACHT CLUB 17 27.50 ft / 8.38 m 1911
NORTHEAST HARBOR A CLASS 27.50 ft / 8.38 m 1911
S-CLASS (HERRESHOFF) 27.50 ft / 8.38 m 1919
WEEK-ENDER (S&S) 35.00 ft / 10.67 m 1938
WINTER HARBOR 21 30.67 ft / 9.35 m 1907


.